- Ultra pasteurized simply means that the milk has been heated under pressure at a higher temperature for a shorter period of time (280° for two seconds versus 167° at 15 seconds for standard pasteurized).
- This advanced technology extends the shelf life to 60 + days (from l8 days).
NOTE: Shelf life is the amount of time the unopened milk carton can be safely refrigerated while still retaining freshness.
- Recommended storage temperature is (as always) 33 to 39 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The product is best-used seven days after opening for single serve milk and fifteen days after opening for half gallon and quart size milk. (Smelling and tasting the product is the consumer's best guide for freshness.)
- The freshness, quality, composition and nutrition are the same as standard pasteurized milk.
- Ultra pasteurized products have been around for many years, especially in the finest dairy countries of Europe. Because they feature longer shelf life, they provide consumers with longer possibility of enjoyment.
HELPFUL HINT: Ultra pasteurized whipping cream has been stabilized to enhance body and holding quality. Whipping time will be longer. Reduction time will be shorter.